Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm Back......kind of

Ok so I thought I better at least write something and I will post some pics a little later. Nothing like taking 2 months off from blogging. It's not like I think that I have that many that are just hanging on the edge of their seat for my next post (and I would seriously worry about you if you were!) but I do know that some are wondering how I am doing and what I have been up to.

So Christmas was very nice, low-key but very entertaining. We spent time as a family and that's really all I wanted.

On January 5th - the first day that everyone went back to school, my boss called me into his office and said that due to budget cuts my job was being terminated, oh and by the way it was immediately and oh by the way he has known since October!! Yeah I was thinking to myself how that might have been useful information considering Christmas and all. You know we have a small office and we are all friends, or so I thought, so why wouldn't you at least give us all an idea that maybe a job might have to be cut??? especially when you portray yourself to be such an upstanding citizen and worthy Church member, etc........
Alright I will get back to the job loss......there is much more of a story but it would take quite a while to explain it all so if you don't know and want to know just ask me in person.
So I am now a full time mom at home and after the intial depression of losing a job I think I am actually liking it. I don't know if I can afford to like it but in this economy we just might have to learn to like it. I will probably look for something else but I think my kids are enjoying having me at home (at least sometimes). It's kind of funny because the whole time I have been working full time I have worried the most about my younger kids (especially Dalton since he was 2 when I went full time) but it seems like the older your kids get the more they really need you - there is so much more homework, games, events,etc and just the stress of middle and high school !~rememeber the drama??

So we will cut back where we can and maybe I will look for something part time so if you hear of anything please let me know.

I want to thank everyone for the LOVE and support throughout this ordeal. I'm sure I have driven my husband crazy with my ranting, crying, and mood swings but thankfully he is sticking around. Thanks HONEY!! Thank you to all my friends who have listened to me complain and have helped me sooooo much - you are truly the best!!

XOXOXOXO ~ Chrissy

P.S. I will try to be more regular on my postings - I am having to share a comp w/Steve and he gets first "dibs" cuz he uses it for work!! :)

4 comments:

Rostron Family said...

Chris.....I am so proud of you and how you handled yourself throughout this situation. You in no way deserved how you were treated! Remember that I will gladly write a letter of recommendation for you and it won't be a lame one like dan writes! Hopefully he will be held accountable for what he has done. Just remember I love you, miss you and will be willing to do whatever you need me to do for you! I am especially here in Vegas waiting for you to come and visit me!!!

Denise said...

Ok...so I havn't been sitting at my computer waiting for another post...however I have wondered where you were...literally too! :)
Glad to see your still among the living.... See ya Tuesday!?!?

Unknown said...

Chrissy you are the best sister any one could ask for. LOVE YOU!

This is me.... Kristen said...

IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!!!!!! I'm SO glad you're back to postin! I've TOTALLY been waiting on the edge of my seat - but I don't have a life. Glad it's out in the open, glad you can talk about it without bloodshed. At least, not today, right? love you honey. xoxo