Monday, September 29, 2008

MHS Homecoming 2008

Wow what a game we had on Friday.....Manti played the defending state champs N. Summit and came out victorious but not without a bruise or two!!!!After the game singing the school song - the players always do this no matter the outcome of the game - I think it's a nice tradition.

Here's Taylor doing his part of the singing!

TEMPLAR PRIDE!!!!


Taylor on the sidelines.....he has gotten to play in some varsity games this year but he knew his chances on getting into this game were pretty much zero so I asked him before the game if he was ok with that and he said, "Mom I know my job is to support my team and cheer them on!" What a smart kid!!!!

DEFENSE!!! - that's what won the game for Manti!

end of 1st quarter

end of 2nd quarter

end of 3rd quarter

Warming up before the game





Of course earlier in the day we had the Homecoming parade - Taylor rode on the Student Council float and Steve and I got to pull it - it's been a long time since I have attended a homecoming parade - I had forgotten how excited the school gets around Homecoming.


The saddest part about the theme: "Remember When" is that I used to dress like the girls on the float and I do "remember when"!!!!!

Our kids with Dylan and Carson and some friends having a good time at the parade!

The football team rode the fire truck and sprayed the spectators - it was so hot that I'm sure it felt good!!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Hey that's my kid standing by your kid singing school song! can I get a copy of that? I don't know why we didn't get a copy. GREAT GAME, huh?! So exciting!

This is me.... Kristen said...

Awww.... looking at all the blogs from people back home makes me so sad! I'm so glad all of you post though. I love seeing whats going on. Taylor's so cool. I'm so glad he's on student council this year! And the background on your blog is so cute! I'm so proud of your bloggin skills sistah!!